Hold Space to Play
Video game project, made with Unity in a team of 2
Last updated: August 2020 (development complete, web build published Jan 2023)
Play in browser: Click here
For the Game Maker’s Toolkit (GMTK) Game Jam 2019, I worked with an online friend to create a game in 48 hours. This game is a platformer, with the restriction of only using one button (the space bar) to play it.
Game Jam Theme
That design decision came about because of the theme of the game jam, ‘Only One’. The player needs to time their actions carefully, as 3 different actions are controlled with just the one button.
My Project Responsibilities
– All in-game spritework (Adobe Photoshop spritesheets, animated in Unity)
– Half of the code (movement mechanics, level transitions)
– Half of the Unity work (Tilemaps, Animations, user interface)
– Proofreading of code, gameplay testing, using git-flow
– Two of the level designs (Levels 4 & 6)
– Version 1.1: New control scheme, new Options screen
– Version 1.2: Spanish translation
– Version 1.3: Web build, no gameplay changes
To play the game in your browser, visit the itch.io page for the project! There are also downloadable versions for Windows and Linux available.
> > > Click here to visit the Itch.io page < < <
To view the source code for this project, take a look at the GitHub repo.